Designed for students with NetScaler experience who will be deploying or managing NetScaler environments.
You will leanr the skills required to configure and manage NetScaler Citrix Traffic Management features, including Content Switching, Traffic Optimization, and Global Server Load Balancing. At the end of the course, students will be able to configure their NetScaler environments to address efficient traffic switching and resilience requirements including Content Switching, Traffic Optimization, and Disaster Recovery.
This course is based on version 11 of the Citrix NetScaler product, but the skills and fundamental concepts learned are common to earlier product versions.
This course is available combined with CNS-218 as a 5 day course in CNS-220
Attendees should meet the following prerequisites:
- CNS-218 - Citrix NetScaler Essentials OR
- CNS-222 - Citrix NetScaler Essentials and Unified Gateway
AppExpert Classic Policy Engine
- Understand the basics of the NetScaler classic policy engine.
- Describe the NetScaler content-filtering feature and how to configure it.
AppExpert Default Policy Engine
- Describe Default Policy including basic components.
- Discuss the syntax of Default Policy expression.
- Utilize Actions in policy expression evaluation.
- Distinguish key attributes of policy binding and bind types.
- Construct and manage Default Policies with AppExpert.
Rewrite, Responder, and URL Transform
- Describe what the Rewrite feature of NetScaler does and explain how it works.
- Discuss the functionality of Responder policies and how to configure them.
- Apply the benefits of using URL Transformation.
- Explain Content Switching and how it works.
- Discuss the importance of a Content-Switching VServer.
- Distinguish what Content-Switching policies are and how to use them.
- Understand what rule precedence is and the way it affects policies.
- Implement traffic compression in a NetScaler environment.
- Understand the benefits of caching in a NetScaler environment.
- Utilize Front End Optimization to render the web browser more efficient.
Global Server Load Balancing
- Describe the Global Server Load Balancing feature.
- Deploy Domain Name System to support GSLB.
- Implement GSLB in a NetScaler environment.
- Utilize Content Switching to implement GSLB.
- Understand GSLB Metric Exchange Protocol and Monitoring.
- Customize the GSLB Configuration.
- Understand the NetScaler Clustering feature.
- Identify methods for managing and configuring a NetScaler Cluster.
- Discuss options for troubleshooting the NetScaler Cluster.
After completing this course you should be able to:
- Optimize the NetScaler system for traffic handling and management
- Customize the NetScaler system for traffic flow and content-specific requirements
- Employ recommended tools and techniques to troubleshoot common NetScaler network and connectivity issues
- Implement NetScaler TriScale technology, including clustering
- Configure advanced load balancing and GSLB on the NetScaler system
Individuals interested in learning how to implement and manage NetScaler features using leading practices.
Recommended as preparation for the following exams:
- Citrix Certified Associate - Networking
- Citrix Certified Professional - Networking