Designed for students with little or no previous NetScaler experience, the primary objective of the Citrix NetScaler Essentials and Traffic Management course is to provide the foundational concepts and skills necessary to implement, configure, secure, monitor, optimize, and troubleshoot a Citrix NetScaler system for application delivery. To reinforce learning objectives in this course students will work through exercises such as configure advanced load balancing and GSLB on a NetScaler, customize the NetScaler for traffic flow and content-specific requirements, and employ recommended tools and techniques to troubleshoot common NetScaler issues within a virtual lab environment.
The content is based on version 11 of the Citrix NetScaler product, but the skills and fundamental concepts learned are common to earlier product versions.
Note: it is not recommended to take both this five-day Citrix NetScaler Essentials and Traffic Management (CNS-220) and the five-day Citrix NetScaler Essentials and Unified Gateway (CNS-222), as these courses share the same first three days of content
Part 1: NetScaler Essentials (Days 1-3) (CNS-218)
Learn the skills required to implement NetScaler components including secure Load Balancing, High Availability, and NetScaler Management. At the end of the course students will be able to configure their NetScaler environments to address traffic delivery and management requirements including load balancing, availability, and NetScaler operation management.
Part 2: NetScaler Traffic Management (Days 4-5) (CNS-219)
Learn the skills required to configure and manage NetScaler Traffic Management features, including Content Switching, Traffic Optimization, and Global Server Load Balancing. At the end of the course students will be able to configure their NetScaler environments to address efficient traffic switching and resilience requirements including content switching, traffic optimization, and disaster recovery.
Attendees should meet the following prerequisites:
- CNS-102 -NetScaler Overview
After completing this course you should be able to:
- Identify the functionality and capabilities of the NetScaler
- Explain basic NetScaler network architecture
- Obtain, install, and manage NetScaler licenses
- Explain how SSL is used to secure the NetScaler
- Optimize the NetScaler system for traffic handling and management
- Customize the NetScaler system for traffic flow and content-specific requirements
- Employ recommended tools and techniques to troubleshoot common NetScaler network and connectivity issues
- Implement NetScaler TriScale technology, including clustering
- Configure advanced load balancing and GSLB on the NetScaler system
- Identify the functionality and characteristics of the NetScaler SDX platform
Individuals interested in learning how to implement and manage the advanced NetScaler features using leading practices.
Recommended as preparation for the following exams:
- In addition to field experience, this course helps prepares candidates for the 1Y0-351: Citrix NetScaler 10.5 Essentials for Networking exam.By passing the 1Y0-351: Citrix NetScaler 10.5 Essentials for Networking exam, candidates will gain the Citrix Certified Professional – Networking (CCP-N) certification.
Follow on Courses