This course provides the learner with an in-depth understanding of how to manage, monitor and maintain the operational aspects of VPLEX systems (Local and Metro) using Unisphere for VPLEX and the VPLEX CLI. Provisioning storage from both the local and remote clusters are topics covered in lecture and labs. Distributed volumes and working with Consistency Groups are discussed and practiced. Protecting VPLEX Virtual Volumes with RecoverPoint is covered, along with the MetroPoint feature. Monitoring a VPLEX System is also covered using both lecture and lab exercises. This course covers version 5.4
To understand the content and successfully complete this course, a student should have knowledge and skills associated with the following:
- Storage Area Network (SAN) concepts
- IP networking basics
- EMC SAN implementation and Connectrix switch administration
- Storage provisioning procedures with EMC arrays
- Basic familiarity with host operating systems: Windows, VMwar
The content of this course is designed to support the course objectives.
- VPLEX Product and Technology Details
- VPLEX Storage Provisioning
- Provisioning Remote Access with VPLEX
- VPLEX Distributed Devices
Upon successful completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Describe common VPLEX terms, configuration options, hardware and software architecture
- Describe high level data flow within a VPLEX system.
- Create Virtual Volumes and provision them to Hosts
- Create and Manage VPLEX Distributed Devices
- Manage VPLEX using Unisphere and CLI
- Perform volume expansion or migration
- Protect VPLEX Devices with RecoverPoint
- Perform Monitoring in VPLEX including batched mobility.
This course is intended for any person who presently or plans to manage a VPLEX solution.