This one-day course is designed to provide students with the knowledge required to manage the Junos Space Network Director application and to manage devices with that application. Students will gain in-depth knowledge of how to work with Network Director. Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience with the features of Network Director.
This course is based on Junos Space Release 13.2R2.6 and Network Director 1.6. Junos Space—Network Director is an intermediate-level course.
Students should have experience with the Junos operating system, including device management, routing, and switching. Students should have a basic understanding of virtualization technologies. Students should also attend the Junos Space Essentials (JSE) and Junos Enterprise Switching (JEX) courses prior to attending this class.
- Chapter 1: Course Introduction
- Chapter 2: Network Director Modes
- Network Director Overview
- Network Director Modes
- Chapter 3: Wired Device Management
- Wired Device Management
- Configuring and Deploying Wired Device Profiles
- Working with Network Director Lab
- Chapter 4: Implementing Zero Touch Provisioning
- Function and Internal Workings of ZTP
- Configure and Implement ZTP with Network Director
- Implementing ZTP Lab
- Chapter 5: Virtualization Management in Network Director
- Virtual Systems and Network Director Overview
- Discovering and Managing Virtual Systems
- Enabling and Using Orchestration
- Managing Virtual Systems Lab
- Appendix A: QFabric Management
- Discovering and Managing QFabric Systems
- Generating Reports in QFabric
- After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
- Explain the role of the Network Director.
- Describe the Network Director modes.
- Describe how to build and deploy profiles.
- Explain how to monitor managed devices.
- Discuss how to generate reports through Network Director.
- Discuss the function and inner workings of ZTP.
- Describe how to configure and implement ZTP using Network Director.
- Explain the role of virtualization.
- Discover virtualized devices.
- Understand orchestration.
This course benefits individuals responsible for managing Junos switching with EX Series, QFX Series, QFabric, and virtualized devices using the Network Director software in an enterprise network environment.